May 28, 2023
MUS 532 - Big Band
Must attend all scheduled rehearsals and performances. For graduate students. See MUS 232 for description. By permission. May be repeated for credit.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate characteristic jazz tone quality on their instruments.
- Demonstrate characteristic jazz phrasing and style on their instruments.
- Work together to create a cohesive group sound with an overall high quality artistic, emotional and technical impact.
- Perform a wide variety of music composed and arranged for the jazz big band.
- Improvise in a jazz big band setting, including musical interaction within the ensemble.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)