Nov 28, 2021
ETSC 560 - Finite Element Analysis
Computerized modeling of structural, vibrational, and thermal design problems. Lecture and laboratory. Similar to MET 420. Credit for both granted only by department chair. Formerly IET 560, students may not receive credit for both.
Prerequisites: ETSC 160 and MET 426.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Learn the basic principles and applications of finite element analysis (FEA).
- Use appropriate FEA techniques for given engineering scenarios.
- Generate valid FEA results for given engineering scenarios.
- Solve engineering problems through approximations, convergence and good engineering judgment.
- Be fluent in the language of finite element analysis and be able to use common FEA software applications.
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)