Dec 06, 2021
ETSC 524 - Quality Control
Provides foundation for understanding and applying statistical quality control techniques and product reliability procedures. Similar to ETSC 380. Credit for both granted only by department chair. Formerly IET 524, students may not receive credit for both.
Prerequisites: OMIS 221 or permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Solve problems using basic quality improvement techniques.
- Use fundamental statistical concepts to construct and interpret control charts for variables to determine manufacturing process capabilities.
- Use fundamental concepts of probability to construct and interpret control charts for attributes to determine product quality.
- Use attribute and variable concepts to determine appropriate acceptance sampling systems.
- Discuss the basic concepts of ISO 9000 and ISO 14000.
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)