Apr 02, 2023
HIST 553 - 20th-century U.S. 1945 to the Present (Put on reserve 9/16/17)
Cold War, sedentary 50s, rebellious 60s, the Watergate era. HIST 453 and HIST 553 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both. (Put on reserve 9/16/17. Will go inactive 8/24/2020.)
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify key events, persons, and places in the history of this area.
- Isolate and analyze significant issues in the history of this area.
- Critically analyze primary and secondary sources.
- Compare opposing interpretations and opinions.
- Organize and present ideas clearly, orally and in writing.
- Revise written work effectively.
- Compare opposing interpretations and opinions about this area.
- Research, organize, and present an academic lecture on the history of this area.
- Compare opposing primary documents on the history of this area.
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)