GEOL 532 - Field Geodetic Techniques
Training in field geodetic techniques, including scientific application of two or more precision-surveying instruments: geodetic GPS, differential GPS, and electronic distance meter. Three hours a week and field project, or one-week field course. GEOL 432 and GEOL 532 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Set up and operate a geodetic-grade GPS receiver.
- Download recorded data from a geodetic- grade GPS receiver.
- Be familiar with the UNIX operating system.
- Plot GPS vectors.
- Run canned GPS data processing algorithms.
- Model GPS data with Mogi and Dike models.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)