Mar 22, 2023
ENG 515 - Advanced Studies in American Literature
May be repeated for credit under a different subtitle.
Prerequisite: ENG 512.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of literary and critical theories.
- Engage in a scholarly dialogue with a range of secondary criticism and/or critical theory in their own writing.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in research methodologies.
- Identify the characteristic themes, techniques, and conventions of a representative group of texts in English literature focused by theme, author, theoretical approach, or social and historical context.
- Develop a thesis-driven argument that is focused by specific interpretive or analytical questions, that is supported by evidence from multiple texts, and that synthesizes multiple perspectives.
- Apply theoretical approaches to literary texts at an advanced level.
- Lead discussion using appropriate discussion questions and providing relevant background information.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)