Jul 07, 2022
ACCT 561 - Fraud Examination
Detection and prevention of financial statement fraud and other forms of business fraud. ACCT 461 and ACCT 561 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both.
Prerequisite: admission to the Master of Professional Accountancy Program.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain each element of the fraud triangle.
- Identify the types of fraud from different scenarios.
- Interview an individual suspected of fraud and request a signed confession.
- Properly collect and preserve fraud examination evidence for trial.
- Prepare a fraud report
- Graduate students will be able to communicate their case and/or fraud assessment.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)