Sep 18, 2021
LIS 412 - Library Management and Leadership
Course covering policies and procedure necessary for the effective operation of a library and information centers. The course will explore the policies and procedures required for budgeting, planning, promoting and assessing library and information programs.
Co- or prerequisites: LIS 110 and LIS 201.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Generate policies and procedure for a library or information center using quantitative and qualitative data.
- Schedule and organize physical and virtual library facilities to create inviting, useful, and engaging learning and meeting spaces.
- Develop and implement an effective public relations program that communicates the vital contribution of a library or information centers to lifelong learning.
- Design, justify and administrator a program budget.
- Manage support staff, volunteers and student assistants.
- Establish a library or information center advisory committee.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)