May 06, 2021
SPAN 445 - Spanish Medieval Literature
This course analyzes the most representative works, literary genres, and movements of the Spanish Middle Ages. Lectures, readings, and discussions conducted in Spanish. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: SPAN 301.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Examine medieval Spanish literary movements, genres and authors
- Apply analytical methods for writing essays on Spanish medieval literature and/or authors
- Synthesize research findings in Spanish medieval literature
- Examine the thematic continuity between Spanish Medieval Literature and modern literature
- Analyze the themes of love and other dominant themes in Spanish Medieval literature in their historical, political and social contexts
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)