May 11, 2021
SPAN 345 - Composition and Grammar for Heritage Speakers I
Grammar, composition and conversation for academic purposes for heritage speakers of Spanish. SPAN 341 and SPAN 345 are equivalent courses; students may not receive credit for both. Course will be offered every year. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisites: SPAN 263, or by placement exam. Declared Spanish majors and minors only.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Apply rules of standard Spanish orthography and accentuation.
- Write compositions in Spanish in formal, academic style with appropriate rhetorical organization, grammar, vocabulary, and format.
- Identify parts of speech and metalinguistic terminology in Spanish.
- Recognize and respond to coded corrective feedback.
- Express opinions and defend positions using context-appropriate register, both orally and in writing.
- Identify non-standard Spanish vocabulary and grammar usage and provide standard equivalents.
- Identify and/or explain the significant historical and cultural events/artifacts of the Spanish speaking countries under study.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)