May 06, 2021
PESH 348 - Tactics and Skills of Striking and Net/Wall Games
This course will cover the content of tactics and striking skills in a variety of net/wall games (e.g. badminton, handball, pickleball, tennis, volleyball).
Prerequisites: PESH 280, and current WSP/FBI fingerprint clearance.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate proficient game performance skills in striking skills and net/wall games.
- Identify research proven practices based on age and developmentally appropriate progressions.
- Identify critical elements for basic manipulative striking skills and develop appropriate sequences to help students achieve proficiency.
- Demonstrate an understanding of rules and procedures of games by applying them during game play and within more abstract settings.
- Create and design a group sport education model portfolio in one sport.
- Provide a clear comparison of one of the striking sport skills prior to learning to play the sport and your skills after playing the sport.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)