May 10, 2021
PE 365 - Foundations of Coaching
Introduction to principles and methods of coaching sports with children and youth.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate and understanding the purpose and value of sport experiences for children and youth.
- Recognize differences in coaching objectives and coaching styles.
- Recognize differences in communication skills and their impact in athletic coaching environments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of principles of motivation.
- Demonstrate the ability to design a conditioning program for a selected sport.
- Demonstrate an understanding of team management and risk management.
- Qualify for certification from the American Sport Education Program (ASEP).
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)