Nov 28, 2021
LAJ 451 - Crime in America
American crime problems in historical perspectives. Social and policy factors affecting crime. Crime impact and trends, offender, and victim profiles. LAJ 300 is recommended.
Prerequisites: Completion of the Basic Skills in the General Education requirements or DTA.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Summarize the history of crime trends
- Describe the scope and nature of crime
- Identify institutional sources of crime and crime control
- Analyze the issues surrounding current and alternate crime control strategies
- Demonstrate proficient verbal communication abilities
- Demonstrate proficient analytical and writing abilities
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)