Jan 29, 2022
EDAD 509 - Civic Engagement
Student will use program of study content knowledge to improve a community situation. UNIV 509, FCSG 509, EDAD 509, and EDCS 509 are cross-listed courses. May be repeated up to 12 credits. Grade will either be S or U.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify service learning as a pedagogy for applying academic knowledge to a community need.
- Identify community needs related to their academic content area.
- Identify an individualized academic service learning goal and develop a plan of action to address their goal.
- Identify, integrate and apply specific skills, knowledge, and technologies to their independent service learning project.
- Identify characteristics of at risk populations.
- Identify the relationships between academic service learning and civic engagement.
- Identify the relationships between academic service learning and career preparation.
- Demonstrate their ability to analyze their progress in implementing a service learning project.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)