Supply Chain Management (SCM) builds and prepares students for careers as analysts, decision makers and managers in any and all segments of an organization’s supply, production distribution chain. Students who complete this program will have a fundamental understanding of the systematic, integrated nature of the creation and delivery of goods and services, and the manner in which the supply, production and distribution chain includes or involves other internal and external entities. Students will be able to solve problems and make decisions in this environment by using concepts from other business administration areas, computing and analytical skills, and appropriate quantitative and qualitative models.
The bachelor of applied science in supply chain management (BAS-SCM) is designed for students with an approved applied or technical associates degree to gain a baccalaureate degree in a timely fashion.
Undergraduate Business Program Learning Goals:
The Departments have identified overall educational outcomes related to knowledge, values, and skills for all Business graduates. Following are the outcomes for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Supply Chain Management. Graduates of this program will be able to demonstrate:
- Foundation knowledge and skill in the fundamental business disciplines.
- Effective communication in written and oral business presentations.
- Comprehension and application of ethical principles in business decisions.
- Problems solving ability using integrative and critical assessment of business information and appropriate technical tools.
- Career readiness through participation in Career Center events, self-assessment, club activities, internships and other professional engagement.
- Competency in their specialized field of study.
Applicants for the BAS Supply Chain Management must meet the following requirements prior to admission.
- Completion of an approved applied or technical degree from a community or technical college.
- A minimum collegiate GPA of 2.25.
- ENG 101 - Academic Writing I, with grade of 1.7 or better
- A world language is not required.
- Students applying to this program must meet with an advisor for the College of Business for a full evaluation of credits and requirements prior to be admitted to the program.
Application forms are available in the Department offices. The completed form must be accompanied by transcripts that reflect all prior college work.
These criteria apply to equivalent courses transferred from other institutions.
Students who have met all of the above requirements will be admitted unless the number of applicants exceeds available space. In that case, acceptance will be competitive, based on a selection index.
The following special rules apply to students seeking the BAS Supply Chain Management major:
- Students must earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 in-the-major coursework to be eligible for a degree. In addition, the department requires a minimum GPA of 2.25 in the upper-division component of the in-the-major total.
- Transfer students must complete at least 40 College of Business credits at CWU to be eligible for the BAS degree.