College of Arts and Humanities
Jerilyn S. McIntyre Music Building
Mail Stop 7458
See website for how these programs may be used for educational and career purposes.
Faculty and Staff
Todd Shiver, DMA
Jeff Snedeker, DMA
Joseph Brooks, MM, clarinet, saxophone, woodwind methods
Chris Bruya, MM, jazz studies
Lewis Norfleet, MM, bands, music education, conducting
Mark Goodenberger, MM, percussion
John Harbaugh, MME, trumpet, jazz studies
Carrie Rehkopf-Michel, MM, violin, chamber music, Kairos String Quartet
John Michel, MM, cello, chamber music, pedagogy, Kairos String Quartet
Hal Ott, DM, flute, literature
John F. Pickett, DM, piano, literature, pedagogy
Vijay Singh, MAT, jazz studies, choir, voice
Gayla Blaisdell, PhD, voice, opera
Nikolas Caoile, DMA, orchestra, conducting
Mark Lane, MM, music education, band
Daniel Lipori, DMA, music history, bassoon, double reed methods
Bret Smith, PhD, music education, string pedagogy
Gary Weidenaar, DMA, choir, conducting, music education
Martin Kennedy, DMA, theory, composition
John Neurohr, DMA, trombone, brass pedagogy, brass literature
Melissa Schiel, DMA, voice, pedagogy
Tim Betts, MM, viola, music appreciation, Kairos String Quartet
Tor Blaisdell, MM, voice
Denise Dillenbeck, MM, Kairos String Quartet
Laura Goben, BM oboe
Anna Jensen, MM, string bass
Teresa Harbaugh, MM, class piano
Kirsten Neurohr, DMA, theory, music appreciation
David McLemore, MM, tuba, euphonium, history of jazz
Scott Peterson, DMA, men’s choir
Barbara Pickett, MM, piano, class piano
Maria Roditeleva-Wibe, PhD, music history, theory, world music
Leslie Schneider, MM, music education
Emelie Spencer, MM, voice, theory
Norm Wallen, MM, theory
Adam Pelandini, MM, saxophone
Marcie Brown, program assistant
Sara Caroll, advisor/recruiter
Star Heger, fiscal specialist
Allen Larsen, hall manager, audio technician, web manager
Teresa Larsen, secretary supervisor
Harry Whitaker, piano technician
All fees are billed to students’ accounts.
- $15 fee for each MUS 154 (Class Instruction) course (all sections except B and H).
- $85 fee for 1 credit and $170 fee for 2 credits each quarter of enrollment in MUS 164, 264, or 364 (Individual applied instruction).
- $170 fee each quarter of enrollment in MUS 464 (Individual applied instruction).
- $85 fee for 2 credits and $170 fee for 4 credits each quarter of enrollment in MUS 564 and 664 (Individual applied instruction).
- $85 fee each quarter of enrollment in X71 (Secondary applied instruction).
- $40 fee each quarter for students enrolled in Vocal Jazz I
- $40 fee for each scheduled student recital
- $15 fee for each MUS 252, 253, and 254 (Class Instrumental Methods) course
- $5 annual locker fee (Optional if you choose to get a locker)
- $5 fee for students enrolled in Percussion Ensemble
- $25 university tech fee covers use of electronic equipment used in all music courses. Part-time students enrolled in theory, class piano, composition, or electronic music courses will be assessed this fee.
ProgramsMaster of Music