Oct 23, 2020
ASP 325 - Universal Design
Proactive accessibility design for high incidence problems in commercial, leisure, occupational, and personal living spaces. Assistive technology, adapted architecture, differentiated activity. Standards for safety and equity. ADA compliance. Risk management strategies. Course will be offered every year (Fall, Winter, Summer).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze scenarios of interaction for their effective inclusion of people with disabilities and limitation.
- Define principles of universal design.
- Identify technological applications useful for designing individual accommodation and universal access.
- Explain ADA compliance in terms of safety and liability.
- Outline risk management strategies.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg Winter Locations: Ellensburg Summer Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)