Jun 20, 2019
ESL 100LS - Academic Listening and Speaking
Academic Listening and Speaking is an advanced level course designed to develop the listening and speaking skills necessary to function in an academic environment. Students who take this class will not receive credit toward degree requirements. Permission of department. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern (Spring, Summer).
Prerequisites: Completion of the UESL Program with a recommendation (received a B or higher in ESL90R and ESL90W and ESL90OC and either ESL90T or ESL90A); or recieved TOEFL 71 iBT or higher; or IELTS 6.0 or higher. Corequisites: ESL 100CC and ESL 100RW and ESL 100RV and ESL 100AR.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Retell and summarize information from a lecture or listening passage.
- Synthesize and respond to lecture information.
- Utilize critical thinking skills.
- Engage in advance note taking.
- Deliver a prepared, purposeful presentation based on information from lectures or other information sources.
[Add to Portfolio]