Sep 16, 2019
ESL 100CC - Academic Classroom Culture
Academic Classroom Culture Preparation is an advanced English as a second language course. This course provides strategies to improve the skills necessary for college study. Students will learn to participate effectively in a variety of academic situations. Students who take this class will not receive credit towards degree requirements. Permission of department. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern (Spring, Summer).
Prerequisites: Completion of the UESL Program with a recommendation (received a B or higher in ESL 90R and ESL 90W and ESL 90OC, and either ESL 90T or ESL 90A); or recieved TOEFL 71 iBT or higher; or IELTS 6.0 or higher. Corequisites: ESL 100RW and ESL 100RV and ESL 100LS and ESL 100AR.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Participate effectively in a variety of academic situations.
- Apply time management skills appropriately to the task.
- Apply knowledge of plagiarism avoidance to writing projects and presentations.
- Identify appropriate services on campus for various needs.
- Interact with appropriate register with professors and classmates.
- Employ ethical behavior both in academic life as well as outside of class.
- Participate in community service and/or civic engagement.
[Add to Portfolio]