Nov 13, 2019
IT 105 - Protecting Your Online Identity
This course will expose students to the potential threats being thrust upon them daily by simply using the Internet and how to neutralize or greatly reduce these risks. Course will be offered every year (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Define the term “Online Identity” and analyze its influence on the Internet, social media, and society.
- Analyze the threats posed by social engineering attacks
- Describe the importance of sanitizing and disposal of electronic devices and physical media when no longer needed
- Implement Security Measures to secure online activities both at home and while traveling.
- Identify and evaluate the various types of malicious attacks and measures to protect against them.
- Apply statistical quantitative reasoning to evaluate the possible impact of the Internet of Things (IOT) on a person’s online identity as a result of increased manufacturing of various types of IOT devices in the U.S. and globally.
- Construct a data recovery plan for electronic devices to recover/restore data in the event a device is destroyed, lost, or rendered useless by malware or viruses or to restore control of a hacked online account.
[Add to Portfolio]