Oct 26, 2020
IT 363 - Data Mining for IT Managers
Students will learn to extract data, apply learning methods, and prepare data for further analysis. Course will be offered every year. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: IT 359.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Explain the procedures involved in extracting useful data from multiple sources in an IT Management context.
- Differentiate between intelligence and analytics and describe the role of each in data-driven decision making.
- Explain various supervised learning methods that can be used to derive meaning from trained data sets in an IT Management context.
- Explain various unsupervised learning methods that can be used to derive meaning from large sets in an IT Management context.
- Identify the best tools to apply to data sets to prepare them for analysis in an IT Management context.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)