Aug 09, 2020
FILM 470 - The Writer’s Room
This repeatable workshop course helps students develop the skills, techniques, and work ethic of a professional screenwriter. Students will pitch ideas, create outlines, write and rewrite short screenplays, and critique the work of others. May be repeated up to 15 credits. Course will be offered every year. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: FILM 267 or ENG 267.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Develop and prepare potential story ideas.
- Outline and prepare story ideas into beat-sheets and treatments according to industry standards.
- Construct and present story pitches based on developed ideas.
- Compose a film script that adheres to industry standards.
- Assess and evaluate submitted scripts for story execution, character presentation, and thematic elements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)