Apr 24, 2019
ASP 485 - Accessibility Studies Capstone
Experiential-based capstone course. Accessibility competence demonstrated in portfolio and capstone project. Laboratory time will include a variety of service learning, professional visits, and applied practical experience. Strategies for engaging stakeholders in trouble-shooting accommodations. Permission by department. Course will be offered every year. Course will not have an established pattern.
Co- or prerequisite: ASP 435.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify common barriers to inclusive information in terms of content and medium.
- Analyze rhetorical implications of accessible information design.
- Define and illustrate guidelines.
- Identify and assess technological applications useful for making information accessible.
- Interpret policy and law as applied to making advertising and other public communication accessible.
- Outline stakeholder responsibilities and interactions.
[Add to Portfolio]