Nov 18, 2018
ASP 365 - Assistive Technology: Tactile Graphics
Use of both low and high technology methods to translate verbal information into Braille. Includes standards for developing content and designing products. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify what information must be conveyed from print graphic to a tactile graphic.
- Recognize the features in print graphics to be omitted in tactile graphics.
- Analyze finished tactile graphics for clarity and effectiveness according to standards and guidelines.
- Compare different production options in terms of cost and benefit.
- Produce tactile graphics using a variety of materials, equipment, and software.
- Outline steps necessary to become certified by National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
- Compare agencies and enterprises offering services for visual impairment.
[Add to Portfolio]