Jul 06, 2020
PFP 480 - Financial Planning Capstone
Develops the concept of a comprehensive plan. Reviews of each of the major aspects of financial planning in the context of a comprehensive case. Students will synthesize all information and create a comprehensive financial plan for a client. Analyzes the financial planning profession and the various types of financial planning models.
Prerequisites: (FIN 370 and PFP 310 and ACCT 303 with a minimum grade of C) AND FIN 475 and PFP 440 and PFP 450 and PFP 460 and admission to a College of Business major.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the content found within the Financial Planning curriculum and effectively apply and integrate this information in the formulation of a financial plan
- Effectively communicate the financial plan, both orally and in writing, including information based on research, peer, colleague or simulated client interaction and/or results emanating from synthesis of material
- Collect all necessary and relevant qualitative and quantitative information required to develop a financial plan
- Analyze personal financial situations, evaluating clients’ objectives, needs, and values to develop an appropriate strategy within the financial plan
- Demonstrate logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of various approaches to a specific problem
- Evaluate the impact of economic, political, and regulatory issues with regard to the financial plan
- Apply the CFP Board Financial Planning Practice Standards to the financial planning process
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)