Sep 22, 2019
IEM 310 - Inquiry Science in Energy Management
Interdisciplinary investigation of applied life, physical, and earth science concepts applicable to secondary school classrooms using integrated contexts. Applied inquiry processes are used to increase student knowledge, skills, and dispositions.
Prerequisite: ECON 130 or MATH 130 or MATH 153 or MATH 154 or MATH 170 or MATH 172.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Describe and explain basic life (biology), physical (chemistry/physics), and earth science (geology) concepts relevant to energy science.
- Design and implement experiments using investigative processes in energy science.
- Use computers and related technologies to gather and analyze data.
- Interpret and present data using quantitative reasoning including graphs, tables, and
charts from scientific literature and hands-on scientific investigations.
- Work in small groups to solve complex problems relevant to energy science.
- Form opinions based on scientific evidence and defend positions using both written and oral methods.
[Add to Portfolio]