Aug 24, 2019
CS 460 - Software Engineering for Mobile Devices
Development of stand-alone applications (apps) intended to be downloaded onto and run on mobile devices. Android and iOS is taught. Topics include XML, data and control flow diagrams, IDEs, layout design, etc.
Prerequisite: CS 301.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate knowledge of MVC design pattern
- Demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency with XML in use in a large-scale development team
- Demonstrate use of Objective-C and Java in writing stand-alone applications for deployment onto mobile devices
- Design, create, and interpret control-flow (CFD) and data- flow diagrams (DFD)
- Students will apply effective User Interface (UI) design principles to design a user- friendly, easy-to-use Graphical User Interface (GUI) for their three custom mobile applications.
- Students will employ formal integration and unit testing principles to evaluate efficiency and accuracy of back-end code and its ability to meet a mobile app’s functional and non- functional requirements
[Add to Portfolio]