Nov 27, 2020
NUTR 350 - Weight Management
Study of the pathophysiology of obesity and the underlying principles of healthy weight assessment, achievement, and management.
Prerequisite: NUTR 101 and declared major in food science and nutrition or by permission.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Understand how to assess healthy body weight.
- Understand different weight loss/gain theories and mechanisms.
- Describe and summarize the roles of diet, body composition, healthy behaviors, and eating disorders in weight management.
- Describe the use of nutritional assessment tools in assessing healthy body weight/composition.
- Describe and summarize current controversial issues in weight management.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)