Oct 23, 2020
FCL 415 - Therapeutic Play
Application of play theories to intervene with children and families. Content will include classical and contemporary theories of play, play across child development, assessment using play, and skills to facilitate play sessions in various contexts. Formerly FS 415, students may not receive credit for both. FCL 415 and FCL 515 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both.
Prerequisite: FCL 232 or permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Synthesize the core assumptions of classical and contemporary theories of play.
- Summarize typical changes in play across child development.
- Formulate considerations for use of play with children in special populations.
- Design play interventions for children of various ages and in many contexts.
- Demonstrate skills to facilitate play for assessment and intervention purposes.
- Demonstrate skills to engage the family system in therapeutic play.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)