Nov 27, 2020
LEAD 201 - Leading Others: Essential Skills
Students examine leadership theory and principles as they relate to group leadership situations. With emphasis on developing essential leadership skills and competencies, students apply learning in simulated classroom activities and through an affiliated service-learning program.
Prerequisite: LEAD 101.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate ethical awareness and judgment in decision making.
- Demonstrate refinement of essential leadership competencies: ethics, relationship-orientation, perspective taking self-awareness, self-efficacy, self-regulation, self-assurance, and adaptability.
- Demonstrate personal development of communication skills.
- Demonstrate complete decision-making in problem or conflict situations.
- Recognize and understand major leadership theories and principles related to dyadic or group leadership.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)