Aug 04, 2020
FR 352 - French Civilization II: Revolution to 1968.
An overview of continental French history and culture from the French Revolution to cultural revolution of 1968.
Prerequisite: FR 253.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Describe major historical developments in continental France from the Revolution to 1968.
- Identify major movements and important people in the literature, plastic arts, and music of France during the period between 1789 and 1968.
- Identify some salient aspects of the historical development of the French language during the period between 1789 and 1968.
- Read a French history text book and literary works from the period written in French and summarize these works in appropriate written French.
- Identify the main points and/or summarize the basic argument of authentic video recordings in French in appropriate written French.
- Use spoken French to describe and evaluate a limited selection of cultural artifacts within their historical context in an organized and comprehensible manner to their peers.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)