Aug 12, 2020
IT 481 - Quality Verification and Validation
System quality improvement through reviews, testing, and quality management.
Prerequisite: IT 461.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Explain the aspects of quality assurance with particular focus on managing reviews and tests.
- Define the roles of developer, peer reviewer, and tester, and describe their interactions on a successful project.
- Define the stages and types of review and testing in system development.
- Demonstrate the inputs, deliverables, and flows of the testing process.
- Develop and implement a test plan, mining system specifications for useful test cases.
- Apply an accepted document review technique for verification.
- Deploy and utilize an effective automated testing tool.
- Apply a suite of systems testing techniques for system validation.
- Apply effective acceptance testing techniques for approval of delivery.
- Manage defects for quality improvement.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)