Dec 11, 2019
FR 362 - Cultures in French Canada (Put on reserve 9/16/18)
A survey of the history and cultures of francophone Canada from the colonial era to the present. (Put on reserve 9/16/18, will go inactive 8/24/21)
Prerequisite: FR 253.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Describe the broad historical development of French Canadian culture from the colonial era to the present.
- Identify major movements and important people in the literature, plastic arts, and music of French Canadian culture.
- Identify linguistic and dialectal particularities of French Canadian culture in broad terms.
- Read French historical and anthropological treatments of French Canada and literary works from the region written in French, and summarize these works in appropriate written French.
- Identify the main points and/or summarize the basic argument of authentic video recordings in French in appropriate written French.
- Use spoken French to describe and evaluate a limited selection of cultural artifacts from francophone Canada within their historical and cultural context in an organized and comprehensible manner to their peers.
[Add to Portfolio]