Mar 20, 2019
FR 351 - French Civilization I: Pre-history to the Revolution
An overview of continental French history and culture from pre-history to the 1789.
Prerequisite: FR 253.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Describe major historical developments in continental France from the pre- historical era to the French Revolution.
- Identify major movements and important people in the literature, plastic arts, and music of the pre-Revolutionary period in France.
- Identify some salient aspects of the historical development of the French language from the pre-Roman era to the Eighteenth century.
- Read a French history text book and literary works from the period written in French and summarize these works in appropriate written French.
- Identify the main points and/or summarize the basic argument of authentic video recordings in French in appropriate written French.
- Use spoken French to describe and evaluate a limited selection of cultural artifacts within their historical context in an organized and comprehensible manner to their peers.
[Add to Portfolio]