Sep 20, 2019
ENG 472 - Research Methods for Workplace Writers
This course introduces students to a variety of workplace writing research methods and practices. Formerly ENG 312, students may not receive credit for both. ENG 472 and ENG 572 are layered courses; a student may not receive credit for both.
Prerequisites: ENG 301 and ENG 310.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of workplace writing research methods.
- Compare and contrast the advantages and limitations of a variety of workplace writing research methods.
- Propose research using one or two specific workplace writing research methods.
- Design research projects using commonly used written report documents.
- Demonstrate presentation skills appropriate to a workplace writing research project.
- Demonstrate collaboration skills.
- Conduct ethical low-risk research with human participants.
[Add to Portfolio]