Jun 06, 2020
MATH 306 - Middle-level Mathematics Standards Review
This course focuses on conceptual, procedural, and pedagogical understanding of the mathematics required for the middle-level mathematics endorsement. This is an on-line course.
Prerequisites: MATH 102 and MATH 153.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Use and explain concepts from the six mathematical content domains of the Common Core State Standards for middle level mathematics.
- Use and explain the mathematical practices Common Core State Standards for middle level mathematics.
- perform mathematical tasks that reflect on the philosophical and pedagogical practices of the teaching of mathematics in our present culture.
- Use principles of mathematical thinking and problem solving to explore, solve, generalize and prove mathematical problems.
- Use appropriate technology to investigate and represent concepts, methods and application of mathematical concepts
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)