Oct 25, 2020
EXSC 471 - Sports Biomechanics
Physical laws and biomechanical principles that govern high-level human functioning: running, ballistic-power movements, striking and impacting, resistance factors, and sports engineering. Two hours lecture and two hours lab per week.
Prerequisites: EXSC 370, grade of C or higher.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate an understanding of mechanical principles.
- Apply concepts to novel situations.
- Demonstrate an increased ability to read and interpret scientific literature.
- Apply the concepts of movement mechanics to sports performance.
- Apply their knowledge of the scientific methods to answer research questions in sports mechanics.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)