Aug 12, 2020
IT 336 - Digital Forensics
Students will learn skills in digital forensics including how to analyze a device, retrieve “deleted” information, and methods of digital concealment.
Prerequisites: IT 238 and IT 351.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify the relevant processes, objectives, and goals of digital forensics.
- Discuss the legal ramifications of digital forensics investigations.
- Assess the tools and procedures necessary to investigate and evaluate a perpetrator’s computer assets from a digital forensics perspective.
- Analyze digital concealment and recovery techniques and related technologies including hardware, software, and networked computers and systems.
- Utilize digital concealment and recovery techniques and related technologies.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)