Sep 25, 2020
IT 338 - Cybercrime
Investigate vulnerability of computer networks, systems, and computer applications. Learn methods of mitigation and/or prevention of cybercrime. Attributes of cybercrime such as virus attacks, identity theft, electronic funds transfers, and phishing will be examined.
Prerequisites: IT 238 and IT 351.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify the various attributes of cybercrime to include hacking, denial of service attacks, cyberstalking, cyberbullying, virus attacks, identity theft, electronic funds transfers, phishing, spoofing, internet fraud and similar attributes.
- Investigate the vulnerability of computer applications, networks, and systems in terms of computer intrusions and attacks.
- Analyze the impact of cybercrime (social, economic, and legal).
- Discuss methods of the mitigation and/or prevention of cybercrime.
- Utilize tools and procedures to include hardware and/or software to mitigate cybercrime.
- Discuss the legal ramifications of cybercrime on individuals, organizations, and society.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)