Sep 29, 2020
MATH 251 - Probability and Statistics for Elementary Teachers (Put on reserve 9/16/17)
This course for elementary and middle grades preservice teachers is an introduction to probability and statistics. Concepts will be explored individually and cooperatively using manipulatives, simulations, and other appropriate methods. (Put on reserve 9/16/17. Will go inactive 8/24/2020.)
Prerequisite: MATH 164.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student/teacher candidates will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Formulate questions that can be addressed with data.
- Collect, organize and display data using a variety of methods and representations.
- Select and use appropriate statistical methods to analyze data.
- Develop and evaluate inferences and predictions that are based on data.
- Understand and apply basic concepts of probability.
- Conduct simulations and be able to calculate probabilities from these simulations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)