May 23, 2019
FR 380 - Topics in French Language, Literature and Culture
This course will offer different topics on a rotating basis: these topics will include French language (grammar and conversation), French and Francophone literature and cinema, and French and Francophone cultures. May be repeated up to 12 credits.
Prerequisite: FR 253 or by permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify and correctly utilize advanced grammatical and morphological concepts in French
- Express ideas on specific concepts orally and in well-organized compositions in French
- Identify literary and cinematographic phenomena and terminology within the context of French and Francophone history and culture
- Analyze French and Francophone literary texts and movies
- Identify cultural traits specific to French and Francophone cultures and analyze them within an historical context
- Analyze French and Francophone cultures and compare them to other cultures
[Add to Portfolio]