Jun 06, 2020
MATH 321 - Math WEST-E Prep
Prerequisite: Students must be admitted into the mathematics education major or minor. Fully online course designed to prepare teacher candidates for the WEST-E in mathematics. Topics include mathematical processes, number and operation, algebra and function, measurement and geometry, statistics and probability, discrete mathematics and calculus. Grade will either be S or U.
Prerequisite: MATH 265 with a C or higher.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate understanding of mathematical processes of reasoning and proof, mathematical communication, problem solving, and connections and mathematical history.
- Demonstrate understanding of number representations, mathematical operations, and basic number theory.
- Demonstrate understanding of algebraic and trigonometric functions, as well as linear algebra.
- Demonstrate understanding of measurement, axiomatic systems, Euclidean geometry, coordinate and transformational geometry, and non-Euclidean geometry.
- Demonstrate understanding of principles of probability, statistics and discrete mathematics.
- Demonstrate understanding of principles of calculus.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)