May 24, 2019
COM 371 - Event Planning and Management
This course offers a comprehensive study of the event management field. The course will enable participants to develop an innovative and multi-skilled approach to planning and coordination events. Topics include: legal issues in event planning and coordination promotions, design, catering, and other relevant topics.
Prerequisite: admission to the communication or recreation and tourism major, minor or certificate program or permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Introduce students to the field of event management
- Provide an overview of the history, principles, practices and techniques of event management.
- Introduce students to the Event Management Process that includes research, design, planning, coordination and evaluation.
- Provide information relating to legal, ethical and risk management issues in the field.
- Explain the importance of volunteers in event management and successfully demonstrate volunteer orientation
[Add to Portfolio]