Nov 23, 2020
RELS 497 - Honors Thesis
Produce an original , thesis-driven honors level paper based on original research. Paper will be reviewed by a second departmental reader and presented in an open forum.
Prerequisites: PHIL 494, advanced standing, and admission to the Philosophy and Religious Studies Departmental Honors Program.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the major ideas within religious studies, specifically those relevant to the self-designed thesis topic.
- Demonstrate an advanced ability to develop and support an original thesis.
- Analyze and critically evaluate the beliefs and arguments of others.
- Demonstrate a high degree of pluralistic and flexible thinking, considering new ideas and critically reflecting on them.
- Respond productively to advisor’s suggestions for revision.
- Evaluate the relevance and reliability of scholarly sources, specific to the topic of the senior thesis.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)