Dec 02, 2020
SHM 201 - Introduction to Safety and Health Management (Put on reserve 9/16/17)
Overview of safety and health management profession, credentials, societies, organizations, application of math and science. (Put on reserve 9/16/17. Will go inactive 8/24/2020.)
Prerequisite: students must be freshmen or sophomore standing.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify and describe the diverse aspects of the safety and health management profession including industries, career options, and daily activities.
- Identify and describe professional credentials, certification processes, societies and organizations, and admission requirements.
- Incorporate core math, science, and engineering knowledge in the conduct of various activities in safety and health practice.
- Identify and describe sources for research and knowledge.
- Identify and describe the courses to achieve their career goals.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)