Dec 03, 2020
RUSS 441 - Advanced Composition and Grammar
Advanced study of Russian grammar, composition and stylistics via written and oral analysis of authentic texts.
Prerequisite: RUSS 342 or permission of the instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate strong communicative competence in predictable everyday situations and moderate communicative competence in spontaneous, unscripted situations
- Use high-intermediate level of vocabulary and gramma r appropriately, orally and in writing, most of the time
- Identify and recognize salient features of the information presented in sentence-length speech, in an uninterrupted dialogue or monologue, in authentic personal and social contexts
- Demonstrate complete understanding of simple authentic texts and moderate understanding of complex authentic texts
- Use intermediate to advanced stylistic and rhetorical devices in writing most of the time
- Demonstrate a strong ability to write in different time frames with some control of the aspect
- Demonstrate an ability to write in a variety of formats (re- telling, descriptive and analytical compositions, argument, summary and review)
- Demonstrate a moderate ability to identify salient features in complex oral and written texts
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)