Dec 02, 2020
RMT 467 - Retail Management
Retail store ownership and management, including startup, location, market analysis, customer service, organization, merchandise management, human resource management, sales promotion, and financial planning.
Prerequisites: RMT 330 and senior standing.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Describe the framework of retailing and its special characteristics.
- Apply strategic planning in retailing.
- Critique the philosophies of business ownership and management.
- Describe retail institutions on the basis of strategy mix.
- Describe and apply the steps in setting up a retail organization.
- Describe and understand the processes of merchandise buying and handling.
- Describe and understand several pricing concepts and strategies.
- Describe and understand the elements involved in a retailers communication with its customers.
- Discuss and identify the unique aspects of service retailing.
- Evaluate retail management information from multiple sources.
- Use electronic mail and Power Point presentation.
- Demonstrate technology into presentations and assignments.
- Demonstrate how computers and the World Wide Web can be used in retail operations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)