Dec 03, 2020
RMT 330 - Principles of Retailing
Introduction to retailing including retail stores, merchandising, operations, store location and layout, internal organization, buying, personnel management, inventory control, and sales promotion.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the purpose of retailing and where it fits in the field of business.
- Identify careers and opportunities in retailing.
- Discuss the philosophies of retailing.
- Identify various forms of retailing.
- Demonstrate basic merchandising techniques.
- Identify the role of the sales supporting function.
- Define the responsibilities of the retail: operations function.
- Demonstrate basic decision-making skills in retailing.
- Discuss and identify the unique aspects of service retailing.
- Evaluate retailing principles from multiple sources.
- Competent in the use of electronic mail and Power Point presentation.
- Incorporate technology into presentations and assignments.
- Understand how computers and the World Wide Web can be used in retail operations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)