Jul 06, 2020
PHIL 494 - Undergraduate Thesis Preparation
Preparation for writing undergraduate thesis. Grade will be either S or U.
Prerequisites: advanced standing (junior standing or above) and permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate progress towards understanding the major ideas within philosophical traditions, specifically those relevant to the self-designed thesis topic.
- Demonstrate progress in the ability to advance and support a thesis, as well as analyze and critically evaluate the beliefs and arguments of others.
- Demonstrate pluralistic and flexible thinking, considering new ideas and critically reflecting on them.
- Respond productively to advisor suggestions on topic, thesis statement, sources, and organization of the senior thesis.
- Evaluate the relevance and reliability of scholarly sources, specific to the topic of the senior thesis.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)