Aug 14, 2020
PEAQ 120 - Advanced Springboard Diving (Put on Reserve 9/16/16.)
Advanced diving is designed to further the students’ knowledge and skill in springboard diving. Students will perform dives of varying degrees of difficulty. Course may be repeated up to 12 times for a maximum of 12 credits starting Spring 2016. Past repetitions will remain as coded. (Put on Reserve 9/16/16. Last taught in 2013. Will go inactive 8/24/19.)
Prerequisite: PEAQ 110.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Perform advanced diving skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all dive categories.
- Identify safety issues regarding diving as an activity.
- Learn to properly fill in and complete a diving competition score sheet.
- Demonstrate an understanding of body mechanics of proper technique for performing dives.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)